Next-gen medical cart offers effortless operation, simplified maintenance, and low cost of ownership in response to inputs from nurses, IT and hospital management
Franklin, MA – 2/24/2016: Jaco Inc., manufacturer of a complete line of point-of-care computer medical carts for electronic medical records (EMR), introduced Jaco One, its next-generation flagship cart for hospitals and clinical care facilities. Jaco One’s innovations – many developed in direct response to input from customers – include truly effortless worksurface height adjustment, dramatically simplified access to electronics for faster and easier servicing, and a top-to-bottom reduction of potential failure points that will maximize uptime and add years to the working life of the cart.
“The Jaco One Cart is the result of our conversations with nurses, IT staff and hospital management, listening to their needs and their ideas,” said Jaco CEO Fred Rossini. “We feel we’ve built a cart that offers nurses unprecedented ease of use and infection control – and a cart that will look and perform like new for many years and require minimal service, giving IT and hospital staff the best overall value and the lowest cost of ownership.”
Easy to use, easy to service, easy to customize – and built for the long haul
Jaco One includes innovations that will save nurses and IT staff time and trouble on every shift – and enable hospitals to tailor any cart or fleet of carts to address any and all of their clinical workflow requirements:
- Breakthrough effortless height adjustment: Jaco One’s work surface glides up and down smoothly and quietly, with virtually no resistance. And it’s fast. “Nurses will really appreciate the simple, instantaneous height adjustment compared to the slower, electronically controlled power lift carts,” said Rossini. “We anticipate many hospitals will see Jaco One as a simpler, faster, smarter alternative.” The Jaco One lift mechanism is factory-calibrated for the customer’s chosen equipment, and can be fine-tuned easily by IT staff if necessary.
- Stress-reducing ergonomics and maneuverability: Jaco One’s keyboard tray and raised mouse trays are designed for minimum stress and maximum comfort, based on the latest available ergonomic research. Well-positioned handles and a compact, low-profile wheel base make the cart easier to move through tight hallways, and easier to bring close to the point of care.
- Fast and easy access to electronics: Jaco One’s power and electronics components are located high on the cart, rather than in the base, making them easier to reach and service. A quarter-turn of a thumbscrew opens a door enabling full access to electronics.
- Minimal potential failure points: Many of Jaco One’s moving parts have been refined and tested to reduce wear, even during heavy use. Cords and cables are internally routed to prevent damage from exposure. And the charger/inverter is located high on the cart, resulting in cleaner air flow and improved reliability, which will dramatically reduce the need for costly replacement or service.
- Unlimited choice of options and accessories: Customers can equip the Jaco One with rechargeable on-board batteries for shift-long power, or Jaco’s state-of-the-art POWER BLADE™ hot swap battery system for 24 x 7 uptime. Other options include Jaco’s patented TRAC™ steering control, and Jaco’s entire line of locking drawers, baskets, barcode scanners, printer mounts and more.
New service plan further reduces cost of ownership
Every new Jaco cart purchase, including the purchase of a new Jaco One cart, now qualifies customers for the Jaco ServicePlus plan, which offers significant savings over traditional per-cart, per-year service contracts. With ServicePlus customers can purchase prepaid ‘blocks’ of service time that roll over continuously from year to year, and never expire.
“Like all our carts, Jaco One is built for longevity, to provide years of trouble-free operation without requiring repairs – so annual per-cart service contracts are an unnecessary expense,” says Jerry Faiella, Jaco Vice President of Sales. “ServicePlus lets customers buy a handful of service blocks for every 10 or 20 carts, and rest easy knowing that coverage never expires – without committing hundreds per cart per year for service they may never need.”
See Jaco One at HIMSS16 (Feb. 29-Mar. 4 in Las Vegas) or schedule an on-site demo
HIMSS16 attendees can see Jaco One at booth #1665, where the cart will be on display and available for demonstration throughout the event. Otherwise, customers should call Jaco’s sales department at 800-649-2278 to arrange an exclusive on-site Jaco One demonstration.
For more detailed information on Jaco One, visit the Jaco web site at www.jacoinc.com.
About Jaco Inc.
Jaco, Inc., located in Franklin, Massachusetts, is a leading manufacturer and integrator of point-of-care Electronic Medical Records (EMR) mobile computer carts, mobile cart power systems, wall stations and wall arm technology. Proudly manufacturing products in the United States of America for over 40 years, Jaco has set the healthcare industry standard for overall product performance, sustainable quality, ergonomic design and safety, and exceptional customer service. Jaco is nationally certified as a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Woman’s Business Enterprise by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) and is an ISO 9001-2008 Registered Company.